[linux-dvb] Re: av71100: ARM crashed!

maroi writes:
 >  If I outcomment the first OR second one and recompile then it works, no
 > crashes or duplicate packets!
 >
 > but in meantime I`ve tried dvb drivers from
 > http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html
 > and I didn`t see any crashes of arm, but
 > when I`m watching traffic on tcpdump -i dvb0_0 my pc dramatically slows
 > down, my server too, I can`t even ping anything,
 > why I see all data, not only mine ?

dvb_net.c in Convergence CVS is a very old version. The file from the
old main branch, which our version is based on, properly implements
multicast, allmulti and promiscuous modes.
tcpdump as you use it sets promiscuous mode and will dump everything.
"tcpdump -p" (which disables promiscuous mode) still sets the allmulti
mode (at least the tcpdump I last tested it with did that). Depending
on the kind of data (unicast or multicast) on the transponder this will also
give you lots of data.
Just tell tcpdump only to show data for your IP.

Ralph