[linux-dvb] Compile on redhat 7.3

Please first forgive my stupidity, but after 4 hours of trying I have
failed to get the modules to load

I am running redhat 7.3

glibc-2.2.5-42
gcc-2.96-113
kernel-source-2.4.18-3

I have downloaded the latest CVS copy from linuxtv.org and run 'make' in
the driver directory and all compiles ok, but when i try and 'make
insmod' i get lots of errors

deciding that after playing round with the two patch scripts it was
probably wise to reinstall the kernel-source package but now the module
won't compile at all saying that

/usr/src/linux/scripts/pathdown.sh: TOPDIR: parameter null or not set
DIR=`pwd`; (cd /usr/src/linux; make SUBDIRS=$DIR modules)
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3'

The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
Then build a kernel with module support enabled.

make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3'
make: *** [here] Error 2

Some of the information on the net appears to be refering to the 2.5.x
series of kernels, is there a step by step howto for 2.4.x ? is it best
to compile as modules for a redhat kernel or try and patch one from
kernel.org with the DVB driver ?

--

Will Tatam
Email / JID	will@netmindz.net