[linux-dvb] Re: Compile on redhat 7.3

In most cases Linux give you the needed informations :)

Will Tatam wrote:

> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3'
>
> The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
> Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
> Then build a kernel with module support enabled.
>
> make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3'
> make: *** [here] Error 2

You have to enable modules in your kernel. I guess you are using a
complete static kernel?
Uuuhh... enable modules and everything should work.

cd /usr/src/linux  -> mostly used (no Redhat here)
make menuconfig
-> loadable module support
-> *  Enable loadable module support
-> [ ]  Set version information on all module symbols
-> *   Kernel module loader

But for further questions: try reading the Kernel-Howto to get the
benefit of modules ;)

Martin