[linux-dvb] Re: Today CVS and 2.5.54 ;-)

Hello Gregoire,

 > new kernel, patched with the 00 and 01, then makelinks, afterthat
 > copied my .config in it and then:
 > make oldconfig && make menuconfig && make dep && make bzImage && make
modules && sudo make modules_install

 > And, guess what: same result as before :-(

I tried it, too, with the same result.

The problem is, that I added a new dependency to CONFIG_DVB_AV7110,
which is present in your old configuration. So "make oldconfig" won't
find this one and won't update your .config accordingly.

 > Thank you very much: I'll give up...

A quick workaround is to delete the following lines from you .config
and run "make oldconfig".
#
# Supported SAA7146 based PCI Adapters
#
CONFIG_DVB_AV7110=m
CONFIG_DVB_AV7110_OSD=y
# CONFIG_DVB_BUDGET is not set

You will be asked about this again, after that the right dependencies
are in:

#
# Supported SAA7146 based PCI Adapters
#