[linux-dvb] Re: Newbie questions

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 1:03 pm, you wrote:
> Nova-T, which I understand is equivalent to the basic Technotrend card.
> I think the full-featured cards are not even available in the UK - at
> least not advertised.

<nod> I called Hauppauge in the UK a while back, and they can get you a
full-featured DVB-T card, but it'll cost $329 + shipping + 4 week delivery
time. They quoted dollars because it'll have to be imported...

> Assuming I get the card tuned, how do I use mplayer to view the output?
> I couldn't find any clue in mplayer's manpage.

This will come as second nature after a while:

For BBC / Freeview muxes:

dvbstream -f 754167 -qam 16 -cr 3_4 -ps 600 601 -o | mplayer - -nocache

For ITV and C5 muxes

dvbstream -f 834167 -qam 64 -cr 2_3 -ps 512 650 -o | mplayer - -nocache

Use 'dvbtune -i' on each mux to find out the lists of PIDs available to
replace '600 601' with ...

You'll probably have better luck with mplayer and "-vo sdl" or maybe
"-noaspect" and then changing the size settings on your monitor...

gdh