[linux-dvb] Re: szap/driver problems

Gunther Mayer wrote:
Ralph Metzler wrote:

Peter Schildmann writes:
> The original stv0299 driver from dvb-kernel checks for
> the PLL chip at the I2C addresses 0x60 and 0x61. If a device
> at 0x60 is found an SU1278/SH is detected (works with my
> Lorenzen DVB-S (Technotrend Budget CI) board) if a device at
> 0x61 is found an Alps BSRU6 is detected.
> > Please get the stv0299 driver from the dvb-kernel CVS and apply the patch
> attached to this mail. The frontend detection is now hardwired for
> the SU1278/SH with PLL at 0x61.
> > We have to write a new auto probing routine because there are > SU1278/SH frontends with the PLL at 0x60 and 0x61 out there.

How do you intend to differentiate between SU1278 and bsru2 tuners at
the same address?

By looking at the PCI Subsystem ID ?
And adding appropriate info to card_info ?

We should add the card name the the dvb_adapter struct, then you can do easily something like this:

if (strstr(((struct dvb_i2c_bus*) i2c)->adapter)->name, "bla") {
/* special handling for this card...*/
}

I'll apply this change to CVS within the next minutes.

Holger