[linux-dvb] Re: TechnoTrend DVB-C & ABIT BP6 mainboard problems

Hi folks,

last night I managed to get the TechnoTrend DVB-C working flawlessly
under Linux Mandrake 8.2, yeah... in another machine, though. 8-(

So the next step is pulling out all the boards & cards in the
aforementioned target machine (ABIT BP6 mobo) and see what causes the
problem, now can somebody tell me where to start? I would be tempted
to try a one-cpu setup first, but others have noted that the card
works ok with their smp setup.

Also, I upgraded to the latest BP6 BIOS (the one that comes with HPT
1.25 drivers) that Bernado mentioned, but it did not improve the
picture quality.

Periphals installed:

- ISA Teles ISDN 16.3
- ISA Soundblaster Vibra 16 PNP
- EEPro 100 Ethernet (PCI)
- 3Com 3C590 Vortex Ethernet (PCI)
- Buslogic SCSI-Controller (PCI)
- Riva 128 (Viper V330) (AGP)

3 x 128MB SDRAM
2 x 500 MHz Celeron (not overclocked)
1 x 4GB SCSI (IBM DTLA type)
1 x 40 GB IDE on IDE0 onboard controller

I think the safest bet would be to pull out *all* the non-essential
stuff, install the DVB card and start from there, but I would be
grateful if you have any suggestions where to start on this problem.

Also, would it help to try the latest CVS drivers? As mentioned
earlier I had to modify dvb.c slightly so that my card would get
recognized and initialized.

I realize this is not a driver specific problem, so please let me know
if you would like me to take this discussion elsewhere.

Cheers & bye for now,

Uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, Nionex GmbH                          http://www.nionex.com/