[linux-dvb] DVB driver for B2C2 based budget cards (such as Technisat SkyStar 2)

Dear community,

yes, I know, these cards are not yet supported and probably will never be – which is the question here …

I might be interested in writing a driver in case anyone was able and / or willing to contribute some documentation on the chipset. I know that B2C2 is not that co-operartive on that but in my understanding, the public “API” of a chipset is not necessarily a trade secret that must not be disclosed. Meaning that in case anyone had the necessary documentation for whatever reason (because he or she is a customer of B2C2 ???) and would make it available to me that would in my understanding not be illegal, would it?

Any comments and thoughts are welcome. All I want is to make sure that I don’t invent the wheel twice. But having such a driver would probably save a lot of people 50 bucks each (no matter if dollars or Euro) as this is the price difference between the SkyStar 2 (sells in Germany for about 50 EUR) and the currently supported “budget” cards that are hard to find for less than 89-99 EUR.

Regards,

Torsten

Home | Main Index | Thread Index