[linux-dvb] Re: grr.. Any DVB-T adaptors which work reliably?

From: "Ralph Metzler" <rjkm@metzlerbros.de>
> Robert Schlabbach writes:
>  > Not on my cards (TechnoTrend 2002 DVB-S and -T budget cards). On
those,
>  > demodulator is only wired to SAA7146A port D1_B, and the DEBI is only
>  > connected to the CI module. I see no way to pass the demodulator
output
>  > data to the CI connector without going through the PCI bus.
>
> Then they changed the design.
> On an TT-CI DVB-S card (it says "SDVBACI Rev. 1.0" on the card) the
> MPEG stream clearly goes to port B and to the CI connector.
> The returning data seems to go to port A but the lines cannot be
> followed that easily.

Taking another look at it again, it may be possible the the demodulator
output is also going to the CI connector. Indeed, it's hard to follow the
connections on a multilayer PCB ;) Would make more sense that way. But
since neither the connector nor any of the surrounding SMD components are
equipped on my cards, it is a moot point to me ;)

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net