[linux-dvb] Re: problems getting Hauppage Nova-T to work with linuxtv-dvb

> Jul 12 12:11:52 galileo kernel: tda1004x_init: Unable
> to open firmware
> /usr/lib/DVB/driver/frontends/tda1004x.mc
>
> Can anyone tell me where I might find this mysterious
> tda1004x.mc file? Does it come from some directory on
> my windows partition?

    This driver needs a copy of the DLL "ttlcdacc.dll" from the Haupauge or
Technotrend
    windows driver saved as '/usr/lib/DVB/driver/frontends/tda1004x.mc'.
    You can also pass the complete file name with the module parameter
'tda1004x_firmware'.

    Currently the DLL from v2.15a of the technotrend driver is supported.
Other versions can
    be added reasonably painlessly.

    Windows driver URL: http://www.technotrend.de/

Incidentally, the location of the microcode has changed to be in line with the
other drivers. It will move to /etc/dvb/tda1004x.mc. Obviously the version
you are using is in the old location.