[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

Hi Juri and all other,

On Thursday 31 July 2003 13:48, Juri Haberland wrote:
> have you tried the patch that Jürgen Peitz send to the list in April?
>
> I'll attach a new diff, as a part of the original patch got included into
> the CVS but this doesn't seem to make any difference for me. With the
> complete patch I still have occasional tuning problems that can be
> resolved by tuning to another frequency and back, but so far I havn't had
> any complete frontend lockups.
>
> Please test this ASAP as it might get included into the driver before
> 1.0.0.

i applied your new modified patch to the latest code.
Before the patch i had a hard time to switch to any channel on the frequency
(transponder) of RTL here in Berlin. This happened very often.
With the patch applied RTL etc. are working fine, but i have sometimes
problems with SAT1 etc. The tuner seems to takes more time to get a lock for
this channel now, it takes sometimes up to some seconds until i see
something.
After one evening and night watching and switching i would say the new
problems with the patch happen less often and are more easily to solve. So i
would vote to apply this patch before the release :-)

Lucky full crashes never happened to me, and full frontend lockups are very
rare. But i still need to change the power to 3 to have acceptable frontend
lock times.

Greetings
  Nils