[linux-dvb] Re: Transponder switching taking considerably longer

* Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@gmx.de> [030801 01:55]:

I had a closer look on the stv0299 frontend code and noticed that dvb_frontend_recover() was called after every tuning, i.e. the first tuning attempt failed. This happened because the frontend had no lock yet when the status was checked in stv0299_check_inversion()...

I committed a few lines of code taken from dvb-kernel where this problem had already been fixed. Tuning is even faster now. :-)
Wow! Right now it beats any set top box and PC-based DVB system I've
used so far.

Previously, I had a small delay after staring my vdr service. It is just
instantaneous right now :-)

Kudos to all of you for improving this so much :)

(I hope this change doesn't break tuning for other frontends or
DVB-T).

No problems with Nexus 2.1 (stv0299).
DVB-s 1.3 here.

--