[linux-dvb] Re: Removing PCI-latency settings from CVS

Michael Hunold wrote in another thread:
| So, yes, it's still in there, and no, I don't know why this was added.
| Anyway, it's not in "dvb-kernel".
|
| If noone objects within the next few days, IMHO this can be deleted. If
| anyone needs a different latency setting, it can be done via setpci just
| like you did.

Thinking about it I also came to the conclusion that it is a bad idea
to nail the latency setting to 64. Either it should be done by
calculating the latency *correctly* or it should be left to BIOS,
kernel, setpci etc. I'll disable this code in DVB CVS.
(There are rumours that it was added by aliens who have technology
to fly from Venus to Mars ;-)

Oliver