[linux-dvb] Re: Transponder switching taking considerably longer

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> > Switching transponders works very fast with this, but right after a
> > channel switch (even between channels on the same transponder) there
> > are glitches in audio and video :-(
>
> Hm, I don't see why. Can anyone confirm this?

The problem is the introduction of the dvb_frontend_internal_ioctl(&fe->frontend, FE_RESET, NULL)
call in dvb_frontend_thread() in case of (fe->lost_sync_count < 10).
I added a printk() to see how often this is triggered and I have this rather often,
sometimes even after the chanel has been switched to for quite a while.
Apparently this is what causes the glitches, because if I remove this call,
all is fine again (although the tuning between transponders is slow again).

Are you sure this change does what you intend it to do?

Klaus