[linux-dvb] Re: Transponder switching taking considerably longer

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > > Anyway, we could do the following:
 > > - set a flag before tuning
 > > - in dvb_frontend_thread(): call FE_RESET ony if the flag is set
 > > - reset the flag when we get FE_HAS_LOCK
 > >
 > > -> FE_RESET will not be called if FE_HAS_LOCK drops out for short
 > >    periods on an already tuned TP.
 >
 > Sounds good to me.
 >
 > I did some tests in that direction, using a change in fe->parameters.frequency
 > to detect a channel change in dvb_frontend_thread():

[...]
 > This is just an ugly hack to be used for testing, but with this I get
 > fast transponder switching and no more glitches :-)
 >
 > > I'll whip up a patch to test this.
 >
 > I'm sure you'll find a cleaner solution to detect the channel change ;-)

You can check the old fe->status which is cleared by a FE_SET_FRONTEND.
If it had lock (and thus there also was no channel change) and the new
check has none I do a short delay and read the status again. I added that
because of similar troubles with VES1893 we had in the past.
These status glitches were much worse with an older (weaker) power
supply but also not completely gone with a new one.

Ralph