[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

Hi,

On Monday 04 August 2003 00:04, Juergen Peitz wrote:
> maybe I found a solution for the lock-up problem. Because of the last very
> hot days here in Berlin my card also started to show this lock-up's more
> often. So it really seems to be heat depending.

Yes, definately.

> I installed a fan close to it and I already got less lock-up's. Then I
> found out that some channels became disturbed by the fan. So it's also
> important that the card is not disturbed by other electric devices.

Thats interesting. Maybe i should/will resort the cards in my case.

> Next I did some more debugging on the driver. I couldn't find a way to
> avoid the hangups of the sp8870 firmware, but probably found a solution to
> let the driver detect it and recover from it (see Patch).
> With this patch my card now seems to run absolutly stable even without a
> fan. (though it's probably better for the card to install one).

Great news. I just installed the patched version, lets what happen on the
temperatures today :-)

BTW the last few days i had a new phenomenon: the frontend looses the tuning
after watching a channel for maybe 20-30 minutes. First i see and hear a
short MPEG glitch, a few seconds later the pictures freezes. For the channels
on the same frequency i get no output after this. Chaning the frequency
forward and back again or using tzap for the same channel brings back the
output.

I'll report later today my current status.

Thank you VERY much! for all your patches.
Greets
  Nils

P.S.: your last delay patch did not helped me :-(