[linux-dvb] Re: DVB / VDR In the UK

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 mark.carline@btinternet.com wrote:

> I am just in the process of getting a Hauppauge NOVA DVB-s PCI card and
> I  just wondered if anyone i has built a VDR in the UK?
>
> Now that the BBC signal is unencrypted its worth doing now.
>
> I was wanting to know:
>
> 1)       Has anyone built a VDR using RedHat 9?

Hmm, mine's quite old, 7.3 I think, running on a 333 Celeron with about
160M of RAM, So no, not tried Redhat 9

> 2)       Has anyone built a working one in the UK

Yeah, works fine, I have a Hauppauge Nexus-S and its remote and a
Hauppauge Nova-t, both work pretty well. Especially the satellite card now
I an get the BBC channels instead of all the other free channels

> 3)       Is any using one with a 4x40 LCD display with a HD44780 type
> interface?

Nope, sorry.

> Thanks
>
> Mark.Carline@btinternet.com