[linux-dvb] Re: kernel panic when insmod driver

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: kernel panic when insmod driver (10-Aug-2003 17:59)
From:    Matthias.Biel@web.de
To:      apieper@gmx.net

> >>Look at
> >>
> >>/usr/src/linux/Documentation/oops-tracing.txt
> >>

> >Am i right if i think i should send the according
> >*.ksyms and *.modules files from /var/log/ksymoops?
> >

> When the kernel detect a problem, a dump of the current state (register
> values, stack, ...) is generated and (with luck) written to a log file
> (depending on your distribution). Sometimes its only printed on the
> console..too bad if the screen safer was active  by that time.

That shouldn't be a problem because i can reproduce the problem reliable.

I am using debian testing with kernel 2.4.20.

Where do i have to look for the logfile
or what should be the name of the logfile?

> There is a patch available that write the state information to a floppy,
> but I haven't tried it.
>
> In any case, you have to pipe the state information into ksymoops and
> send the output to the list.

How can i 'pipe the state information into ksymoops'?

I.e. if i only have the console-output how can i pipe
that into ksymoops.

Maybe it's the heat today, but i really don't know
how i have to do that because up to now i never had
any problems with kernel panic so i never had to deal
with ksymoops-handling.

...Andreas