[linux-dvb] Re: kernel panic when insmod driver

That shouldn't be a problem because i can reproduce the problem reliable.

I am using debian testing with kernel 2.4.20.

Where do i have to look for the logfile
or what should be the name of the logfile?

When the kernel of a SuSe chrashed, the system wasn't able to write the status information in a log file. I had to copy it by hand from screen. I don't know debian but I'd expect the log file to be generated somewhere in /var/log.

There is a patch available that write the state information to a floppy, but I haven't tried it.

In any case, you have to pipe the state information into ksymoops and send the output to the list.

How can i 'pipe the state information into ksymoops'?

I.e. if i only have the console-output how can i pipe
that into ksymoops.

You are probably thinking too complicated ;-).
Write the output to a piece of paper (or take a digital photograph). Reboot the machine. Write the data to a file. And:

ksymoops < yourOops.txt

It's important to call ksymoops on the maching that crashed with the same modules loaded (what might be a problem in your case). I used ksysmoops just one time, so I'm not an expert on this topic..

Matthias