[linux-dvb] Re: kernel panic when insmod driver

apieper@gmx.net wrote:

>> install ksymoops, then enter 'dmesg | ksymoops' when the oops occurs. Be
>> sure that your System.map and the used vmlinuz file match the running
>> kernel.
>
> I installed the ksymoops-package (wasn't installed before,
> i just thaught that.
>
> After i rebooted the machine i did 'dmesg | ksymoops'.
>
> Of course, i couldn't load the new dvb-driver, because in that case the
> machine will crash before i am able to pipe dmesg to ksymoops.
>
> the output is:

[nothing]

You should have done it *before* rebooting, because dmesg reports only
recent kernel messages. All old messages are lost after a reboot - but
you will find them in /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog - depending
on your distribution. Pipe this file through ksymoops:

cat /var/log/messages | ksymoops

Cheers,
Juri