[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

On Thursday 14 August 2003 12:14, Juergen Peitz wrote:
> On Thursday 14 August 2003 03:19, Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
> > Ok, with Juergens and my own patch (my card does not work without it)
> > applied i had no lockup for one day now.
> > Rarely i get no output after switching to a new frequency for a very long
> > time, i guess more then 20 or 30 seconds. In this case i have only the
> > normal "Delay (xx)" message in the logs, but until now i always got an
> > output after waiting for a long time.
>
> Do you use the latest dvb-cvs driver? I mean from this week?
> If not please update!

Yes, i always updated from CVS before i tried to apply your patches. This time
again (so i currently use CVS code from yesterday).

> > I get the "firmware lockup!" messages some times, but still no "firmware
> > recovered" message until now.
>
> Can you please test with the following patch against clean dvb-cvs. It has
> the same functionality as the previous one but gives more debug
> information.

Now the temperatures are getting lower again in Berlin, and the frimware
lockups disapeared with them. And the delay messages are also getting lower
(just an impression not counted).
Even with your autozap script (thanks!) i was not able to reproduce any
frontend lockup or firmware crash, with the CVS code from yesterday and your
last patch applied (as usual i also applied my own power patch, because
without i get no stable picture and sound).

Greetings
  Nils