[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T Problems

Well, I notice that av7110.c (at least in the 2.6.0-test3 kernel) writes:

./ttpci/av7110.c:       saa7146_write(dev, PCI_BT_V1, 0x1c00101f);

and

./ttpci/budget-core.c:        saa7146_write(dev, PCI_BT_V1, 0x001c0000 |
./ttpci/budget-core.c:            (saa7146_read(dev, PCI_BT_V1) &
~0x001f0000));

Assuming that budget-core write happens after av7110 then the mask is:

    0x1c00101f
|   0x001c0000
= 0x1c1c101f

Which I believe decodes to:
FIFO Threshold   1: 32 dwords
PCI Burst length 1:  128 dwords
FIFO Threshold   2: 4 dwords
PCI Burst length 2:  16 dwords
FIFO Threshold   3: 4 dwords
PCI Burst length 3:  128 dwords
PCI Burst length DEBI:  128 dwords

So it appears that Budget cards are using 128 dwords for DEBI PCI Burst
Length.

According to Robert's previous message 128 dwords might be too long for some
chipsets?

How can we tell if the chipset can handle these parameters?

Cheers

John