[linux-dvb] Re: difference between su-1278/sh and su-1278/sh2

doug wrote:
sorry, that was 1.0.0, typo there,
anyways, what i am looking are pll_set_tv_freq(), stv0299_init().

my understanding is that for example,

- sta5059 i2c data structure is like below
start-device address(C2 for sta5059)-data(1byte)-continue
data(1byte)-data(1byte)-stop

- but, tua6100 i2c structure's a little different from 5059,
start-device address(C0 for tua6100)-subaddress(register of 6100-00H to
03H for write, 80H for read)
data(1byte)-data(1byte)-stop

everybody who writes values onto 6100pll must put device address
followed by register(00H~03H), but 5059 code doesn't seem like that.
where the difference comes from? old i2c spec or 7146 controller? so
interesting! guessing i have to change 3 parts of the code to control
PLL.
The tua6100 is not programmed using a 4- or 5-byte-string like most other PLL/Synthesizers but instead it is register based and has 3 registers you have to program. Unfortunally the writes to these registers have to meet some timing requirements, play with the delays if you get i2c errors.

besides, the biggest problem is have no idea what tuner values(charge
pump current, synthesizer N-counter, R-counter and many more) i have to
generate to make SU-1278SH/2(stv0299)+TUA 6100PLL work,
any data or suggestions from somebody who specializes in tuner are
really required for me to finish my job. many thanks, Doug.
Look into the datasheet for the exact meaning of the fields, but I suppose the settings in the driver should work for the /SH2 too if you ensure that this code path is taken. Maybe one or two bits might have to get set differently, don't know.

Do you have a reference driver, maybe a windows driver or some reference software from Philips you can use for comparision?

Holger