[linux-dvb] "New" frontend chip

Hello,

I came across a variation of the Technotrend AV7111 board. It's for DVB-C and was inside a STB.

It's all similar to the known ones (TT original drivers recognize it and are able to use it for DVR, so they go all the way to the TMS chip) but has a STV0297 frontend instead of the usual VES-1820. I was unable to tell witch tunner is assembled so far.

... I was thinking of adding support for it in linuxtv... witch takes me to "problem #2"...

I currently use Linux (RedHat 7.2 with 2.4.18 kernel) on an Alpha LX164 machine. On it I am experiencing considerable dificulties in compiling v1.0.0 drivers as it is... lots of warnings about casting pointers to integers (pointers are 64 bit on alpha) and GCC ends up dying...

Can someone point me some directions to overcome this problem? This is currently the only machine I can spare for this job...

Cheers,
PJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index