[linux-dvb] Re: "New" frontend chip

Andreas Oberritter wrote:
On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 04:25, Pedro Miguel Teixeira wrote:

It's all similar to the known ones (TT original drivers recognize it
and are able to use it for DVR, so they go all the way to the TMS
chip) but has a STV0297 frontend instead of the usual VES-1820. I was
unable to tell witch tunner is assembled so far.

Hm, there was a stv0297 pdf on the net, but I can't find it now. Maybe
someone still has it and can send it to you.

... I was thinking of adding support for it in linuxtv... witch takes
me to "problem #2"...

Yes, please. Problem #2 can be solved. :)

I currently use Linux (RedHat 7.2 with 2.4.18 kernel) on an Alpha
LX164 machine. On it I am experiencing considerable dificulties in
compiling v1.0.0 drivers as it is... lots of warnings about casting
pointers to integers (pointers are 64 bit on alpha) and GCC ends up
dying...

Please try the dvb-kernel source tree.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv -z3 co -P
dvb-kernel

There all pointer casts should be corrected to be of type long.
Unfortunately dvb-kernel will probably require you to update your kernel
to >= 2.4.20. Build instructions are included.
hmmm, really? Basically the *compat* files were supposed to provide backward compability at least to the 2.4.1x series, maybe even down to 2.4.6...

Is it broken again?

Holger