[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV PVR 250/350

On Thursday 21 Aug 2003 12:58 pm, Dipl.Ing.(FH) Stefan Sals wrote:
> So i was looking and found the WinTV PVR 250 or 350.
> (They have hardware mpeg-2 encoder onboard..).
>
> Did anyone knows something about driver for this boards?
> Or another alternative solution for using analogue tv?

http://http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/

From the web site:

The primary goal of the IvyTV Project is to create a kernel driver for the
iTVC15 familiy of MPEG codecs. The iTVC15 family includes the iTVC15
(CX24315) and iTVC16 (CX24316). These chips are commonly found on Hauppauge's
WinTV PVR-250 and PVR-350 TV capture cards.

The driver has achieved stable capture and is rapidly approaching a general
release that is V4L2 compliant. Initially the cards will only support MPEG 1
and 2 compressed capture but research continues on the card's YUV and VBI
capabilities and playback of compressed streams.

I've compiled and used these drivers on a friends machine with MythTV, it
works but is still a little rough.