[linux-dvb] Re: VP-1030

	Subject: [linux-dvb] VP-1030
	Date: gio, ago 21, 2003 at 03:47:23 +0200

Quoting Norberto García Prieto (ngarcia@uvigo.es):

> 	I'm trying to make these cards work with linux-dvb dvb-bt8xx,
> but loading of bttv module hangs my system. I've traced it to a
> btwrite(0x00, BT848_CAP_CTL); in function init_bt848 in
> bttv-driver.c.

These twinhan cards (I have a VP-1020) employ a frontend chip that has
been developed by twinhan themselves, and these people refuse to
publish programming specs for it. The card is not so popular to
justify a reverse-engineering effort from the Linux community.

If you look at the archives of the mailing list, you will read about
recent efforts at contacting these people, without satisfactory
result: it seems they are in the process of developing a closed-source
driver, but they still haven't published anything.

I myself have bought a hauppauge card.

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido@fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe