[linux-dvb] Re: VP-1030

> These twinhan cards (I have a VP-1020) employ a frontend chip that has
> been developed by twinhan themselves, and these people refuse to
> publish programming specs for it. The card is not so popular to
> justify a reverse-engineering effort from the Linux community.

	The frontend is an basically an STV0299/TSA5059/SL1925. They have some information for it. The stv0299 driver supports this frontend. These cards may become very popular, cause Hercules and new Pinnacle's are made by Twinhan. They are also very cheap.

	The problem i've now is that i can't start playing with them if bttv hangs the system.

> If you look at the archives of the mailing list, you will read about
> recent efforts at contacting these people, without satisfactory
> result: it seems they are in the process of developing a closed-source
> driver, but they still haven't published anything.

	I've contacted them and they send me a driver/application. Problem is that they are for a very old version of RedHat, and they are nor linux-dvb compatible.

> I myself have bought a hauppauge card.

	I also own varios Hauppauges, a Siemens Cable Card, a Pinnacle PCTV Sat and a Skystar 2, but i want to make this VP1030 works in Linux.

	Greets.