[linux-dvb] Re: New Nova-t

> Now I've got my card running nicely, I was wondering if anyone could
> tell me about PVR-like software that will work with my card.
>
> I've had a quick look at MythTV and that only seems to support V4L
> devices. Am I wrong? Is there a way to present my budget Nova-T as a V4L
> device?

Mythtv is very close to handling DVB very nicely.  Currently it works fine,
but you will find that you have to jump through a few hoops to get stuff
setup because it's a pretty manual process right now.  I hope that if you
check back in matter of weeks this will have changed though

Myth very much goes down the eye candy route vs VDR.  It also has a slightly
nicer way of handling pausing live tv.  However, VDR excels at low cpu and
pretty bug free operation.  You will need either a full featured DVB card
though, or else a second hand DXR-3 and you can only get tv out through
whichever of these cards you buy. (ie no software decoding).

I would suggest trying Mythtv and check the archives for messages on how to
set things up

Ed W