[linux-dvb] Any experiences with Macs?

Hi,

just a general call for comments about using DVB HW with Macs.

I'm moving soon to another country and leaving all my PC stuff behind. I'm
planning on getting one of those cool looking iMacs once I get settled in
at the new place. I've never had a Mac before, so I think it's time to get
one :)

I'm gonna miss my VDR a lot, so I was wondering has anyone used DVB
hardware with iMacs? Can you connect a USB DVB device to an iMac? Can you
compile the linuxdvb driver on OS X? Do the DVB devices provide their own
OS X drivers and SW? Are they any good?

I'd be ultra happy if some one would tell me that I can run VDR on a iMac,
but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. At last not right now. Maybe I
could do some porting...

All comments are welcome!

 --
  Lauri