[linux-dvb] Re: Dolby Digital through DVB - How?

Nico, thanks for your reply! As to the strange MTV stream:

From: "Nico" <nsabbi@libero.it>
> > And while I'm at it, does anyone know what that extra stream on
> > MTV Germany on Astra 19.2°E is:
> >
> > PID 33: User Private (0x81)
>
> this too is valid, but in ATSC PMT, if I remember correctly.
> Is the stream empty because it's not present in the TS or
> does it have null/invalid packets?

There are a few PID 33 packets in the TS, but they are all the same except
the continuity counter (marked as "x"), of course:

47 40 21 3x 9D 00 FF FF FF FF ... (the rest is all FF)

So what would MTV be broadcasting this for? Just to confuse receivers...?
:(

And how should it be handled? Just ignored because it's an "ATSC-thing", or
is it possible that someday some DVB broadcaster might actually transmit
DD/AC-3 this way...?

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach