[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula USB

Timo Laitinen wrote:
Hi,

I emailed Nebula people about their cards, particularly the USB thingy
which I would find interesting. They said that the Linuxtv.org haven't
asked for a USB unit, and I got the impression that they would be very
co-operative if you'd like to develop a driver for it. And I'd like you
to do it :-). Any plans, anyone?
No, I don't know of any plans. Feel free to start this work, it would be great if the Nebula folks would support this work. (IIRC they also donated the PCI card so that Florian was able to write the driver;)

Basically you need a device and the protocol spec for this device to start. Or you have to analyze the Windows driver.

They said also that they are considering to support linux themselves in
the future.

BTW: is the nebula pci card working well?
As far I know, yes. Unfortunally you need to apply the export-i2c patch to your kernel before you get it running, that's basically because the bttv maintainers don't like to apply the tiny patch to export the i2c-master-xfer function but want a complete bloatet sysfs implementation instead. Anyway, I hope it's just a matter of time to solve this issue...

Holger