[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula USB

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:10:52 +0200
Holger Waechtler <holger@convergence.de> wrote:

> Timo Laitinen wrote:
> > to do it :-). Any plans, anyone?
>
> No, I don't know of any plans. Feel free to start this work, it would
> be great if the Nebula folks would support this work. (IIRC they also
> donated the PCI card so that Florian was able to write the driver;)

Well that would be nice :-). I'm not sure if I'm able to do it,
though... I've done some kernel coding back 1997 (custom hardware), but
nothing since (on the kernel, that is). But I would be tempted to try...
Can you estimate how much work it would mean? I probably could learn
something from the existing drivers, I guess...

> Basically you need a device and the protocol spec for this device to
> start. Or you have to analyze the Windows driver.

Windows stuff is out of  bounds, that's why I need the linux driver :-)
(unless I get the driver other way). But I can ask the Nebula people
what they can provide (well, I haven't yet asked them anything today...)

> > BTW: is the nebula pci card working well?
>
> As far I know, yes.

That's good to know. Now I just have to make the decision, either to buy
that one or start the USB fight...

Timo