[linux-dvb] Re: Newbie: Getting a picture with Skystar2

what does dmesg say?
and lsmod ? it should list dvb-core skystar2 and mtxxx

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 7:45 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Newbie: Getting a picture with Skystar2

David Kuehling wrote:
"Bill" == Bill Eldridge <bill@rfa.org> writes:

<Newbie zone>

I have a Skystar 2 installed & driver found (skystar2.o and mt312).
scan doesn't work right, but with "szap -r ZDF" I get signal and a
decent snr, and a ber of 0.

When I do mplayer - < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 I get nothing, mplayer
just says

    Playing - Reading from stdin...

Looks like MPlayer gets no data from the dvb device.  Try recording the
stream to harddisk:

cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > test.mpg

Does nothing, empty file.
If the file test.mpg doesn't fill up, something is wrong with your
setup.  Also try "mplayer dvb://ZDF" optionally with a huge -cache.

mplayer doesn't like the dvb:// option, even though I just recompiled
it to include dvb, with no errors.

Anyway, I'm guessing the biggest issue is I probably have the card working fine,
but just no digital signal off the LNB. Not sure how to verify.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index