[linux-dvb] OutCommand: timeout waiting for COMMAND idle - SOutCommand error

I got a strange problem regarding my VDR system. After an undefined time the picture starts to hang and switching channels results in a black screen. Sometimes a restart of VDR helps, sometimes a PC reset and sometimes only waiting helps. It sounds like a heat issue, but it also happens with an open case.
The log says the following:

kernel: OutCommand: timeout waiting for COMMAND idle
kernel: SOutCommand error
kernel: outcom error
That repeats itself every few seconds. Sometimes the ARM crashes as well, most often not. I've used google and got a possible answer from this mailing list. There was a patch included which I applied. I'm under the impression that it takes a bit longer to happen now, but it's not gone.

My stats:
ASUS A7V Board with K7-1000
Hauppauge Nexus-S (Rev 2.1)
Driver: 1.00
VDR: 1.2.2
Suse 8.2
For those of you who can speak german, here's a thread about the problem with more details http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=4672&sid=

It would be great if someone could look into that problem. I'll gladly answer all questions you might have!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index