[linux-dvb] Re: SL DVB-T PCI B2T1110 Rev. 1.1 ongoing problems]

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 16:48, Jon Burgess wrote:

> Do you have the /dev/dvb/* device entries?
>
> Try running DVB/driver/makedev.napi
at first, thx a lot for your help, i missed this during installation.

this returns:

[root@doerte driver]# ./makedev.napi
Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter0
chown: »root.video«: ungültige Gruppe
Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter1
chown: »root.video«: ungültige Gruppe
Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter2
chown: »root.video«: ungültige Gruppe
Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter3
chown: »root.video«: ungültige Gruppe
[root@doerte driver]#

and as a test:

> [root@doerte scripts]# ./scan_ge_c.sh
> Using DVB card "Philips TDA10045H"
> tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 346000000 Hz
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS: FE_TIMEDOUT
> Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency
> Using DVB card "Philips TDA10045H"
> tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 354000000 Hz
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS: FE_TIMEDOUT
> Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency
> Using DVB card "Philips TDA10045H"
> tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 362000000 Hz
> polling....

:-) so it actually pretends to do something useful, doesn't it?

> Also make sure you've read the bit in the docs about getting firmware
> for the tda1004x in the right place.
>
> 	Jon

Can you push my dumb bonehead a bit further into the documents
direction?  Seems i can't find anything about firmware for the tda1004x
and where youto put it. (it's not within the docs that came with the CVS
stuff and i did not find anything appropiate on linuxtv.org. I don't
even know what role it might play - if it should be country related - i
bought the baby in germany.

tia

regards

Michael