[linux-dvb] Re: again problems with ALPS TDLB7

Juergen Peitz schrieb:

> So I really see no difference in stability between a patched version 1.13 and
> the latest CVS driver here.
>
> The only real difference between patched version 1.13 and version 1.14
> relating channel switching is that version 1.13 always used auto detection
> for frontend parameters, but 1.14 uses the values from the channels.conf. So
> is there maybe an error somewhere in your channels.conf? (especially for
> Modulation, Hierachy or Coderate). Maybe with the settings of an channel you
> don't watch so often? That would explain why the crashes mostly happen during
> the EPG scan.

Hi Jürgen and thanks for replying.

I just switched to the CVS version again after running 1.13-patched for
10 days or so. Let's see how it behaves now. If I still get lockups or
firmware crashes I'll dig into my channels.conf.

Not that I have real evidence, but it seems to me (and someone already
mentioned this on the list in the past), that sometimes reloading the
driver is not sufficiant and one must reboot the machine. At least once
I had something like this:
While testing your 1.13 patches I had been running the driver with debug
enabled and reloaded the driver without debugging enabled - but I still
got some debug output, IIRC.
So maybe the instability of the last cvs attempt was caused by something
being mixed up in the cards memory or whatever.
This is all too vague, but I'll have an eye on this 'problem'.

I'll report back in a week and tell you how the current CVS driver does.

Cheers,
Juri