[linux-dvb] Re: SS2 Rev2.6b - dvb-kernel skydsl ?

Steffen Barszus wrote:
Hi !

Just a quick question. Is the SS2 driver usuable for ip via sky ? I know the driver is very young so it may not be there yet. Has anyone informations about this ?
I tried it today but hadn't that much success yet. compiling dvb-kernel on 2.4.22, installing and using dvbtune, dvbnet, net-start.sh worked all fine.
Then i start a tcpdump -ni dvbx_x and get a load of packets, but just for a few seconds. (around 2000-3000 packets accourding to tcpdump).
What tuning application are you using? Are you ensuring that the frontend file descriptor is kept open after tuning? Either disable power management or use szap instead of dvbtune and keep it running.

Holger