[linux-dvb] Re: [POLL] new DVB release, Skystar2 backport?

Niklas Peinecke wrote:
Holger Waechtler wrote:

Hi,

is there interest in a new 1.0.2 release containing an updated and fixed Skystar2 driver with rev2.6 support and maybe one of the USB drivers? Or maybe better prepare the dvb-kernel make system for a release? Any contributors for doing the required backports and changes out there?

Holger

I migrated from my homebrewn backports of the skystar2-driver to dvb-kernel yesterday because I was sick of the whole backporting :) Thus I think it would be better to have the next release based on dvb-kernel anyway, since this would eliminate backporting needs in the future.

Nevertheless before another release can be done we need to solve the problem of the skystar locking with the wrong frontend loaded (the system gets stuck when you have a rev2.6B and load the mt312).

What other changes need to be done on the Makefiles of dvb-kernel? They already seem to be quite usable to me (I had no problems, except that I had to upgrade my kernel first).
well - the regular questions on this mailing list tell me that they are a little, ermmm.... let's say unusual? But if enough people report that this system is working flawlessly we can as well keep it. In this case we should at least update the HOWTO, README and INSTALL files.

Holger