[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DEC2000-t (Germany) tuning question

Oh boys, at first: Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind support
(really lifts me) and sorry for taxing everybody's patience this way!

> modprobe ttusb_dec debug=1
>
> before turning on the dec box.  I'm not sure what this usbcam thing is, or
> even if it's doing anything..

k,

cat /var/log/messages:

Dec 10 23:10:56 Doerte kernel: usb.c: registered new driver
TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC USB

As i was unable to stop hotplug (strange enough, if this is a kind of
system service it should have been were you expected it) i simply
removed it via "apt-get remove" - no prisoners taken.
Along with this apt threw out gtkam which is part of Redhat standard
installation (never used /never thought of it) and the usbcam - thing
disappeared.

Without hotplug the box doesn't lock up on system start -
but i can safely rely on that it pipes down the moment i do
/sbin/insmod/ttusb_dec.

Cheers
Michael