[linux-dvb] Re: DEC 2000-t troubles with 2.4 kernel

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:22:52 +0000
Des Herriott <des.herriott@oracle.com> wrote:

> I *think* I have enough information to manually construct a
> channels.conf for Hannington.  I have a DigitalTV-t.lst from the Windows
> software, so all I need now are the FEC & QAM values which I can get
> from the adapter's setup screen, right?

Yeah,
The Program Information page looks something like:

Station         | # |      Channel Name      |
Channel         |       C##  - ### MHZ       |
Mode            | 2K - 1/32 - ##QAM - CR #/# | <-- this is Transmission Mode - Guard Interval - QAM - FEC
Provider        |        Provider Name       |
Service ID      | ##### |   Audio PID | #### |
Teletext ID     | ####  |   Video PID | #### |
Signal Strength |##################          |

So its a matter of copying down the channels you watch the most since it is quite a tedious process.

> Are the BANDWIDTH, TRANSMISSION_MODE, GUARD_INTERVAL & HIERARCHY fields
> always the same for the UK?  I.e. can I just copy those from a
> channels.conf file for another region?

As far as I know it seems to be the same, this is how I created my file. Try it and see :)

> And the last 3 fields of channels.conf are the PIDs, right?  Video,
> audio, teletext in that order?

Yes thats the right order. I'm not sure if there are any applications that can read the teletext stream, so if anyone knows of any let me know, although I never really used it in windows so I'm not all that bothered.

Stefan