[linux-dvb] Re: Couple of frontend questions

> In the past I did some tests and found that tuning is always faster if
> zig-zag scan is disabled. So the first thing I do after a check-out is
> disabling this cra^Wstuff. -> Never had any problems (QPSK BSRU6, Grundig
> 29504-451).

Hmm, just had a thought about this... do you know how long in milliseconds it
takes to lock with that frontend without zigzag? It sounds like the frontend
isn't being given long enough to lock initially, so it kicks off a useless
zigzag scan. It certainly shouldn't be any slower WITH zigzag enabled if the
frequency was accurate to begin with.

If you have a moment to find that out, I can add the modified timings to that
frontend driver: my new frontend stuff allows the frontend to override all
these sorts of things... should have a patch tomorrow.