[linux-dvb] Re: AW: tzap (apps-1.1.0) modification

Schuett Thomas EXT wrote:

Hi Bernard,

I couldn't find a simple (command line) way to record a DVB-T program
from a channel for a set length of time eg. scheduled from an "at"
job.

My quick hack to tzap.c (from linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0/util/szap/tzap.c)
is available ...

That's a very good idea to put it right into tzap. Very usefull, thank you!

(I have left the mailing list around version 0.5, when it became imposible
just to "cat /dev/video > file.mpg". I implemented a "time" limit just via
"dd if=/dev/video count=..." and stood with that old version until now :-)
At that time it was said, that one can start (and keep running) tzap to have
/dev/ost/something cat-able. Now, after just a few years, this brilliant
improvement to tzap shows up ;-)

Disclaimer: As I don't know "the three ?zap progams" mentioned later, please don't take this post too seriously in case, similar possibilities are existant since a longer time already.

BTW: Thanks to all. The dvb driver improved astonishing well in the last years again.
Timeshifting (reading and writing at the same time), watching/recording several
progs from one transponder at the same time, and not at least much more resistance
to problematically multiplexed streams (blocks in the picture and hangings of the sound) are highly appreciated topics that drag me to a recent version after all.

BTW2: Backto that new tzap: Is it possible to do 2 recordings in parallel this way
by starting 2 tzap processes? (Of course 2 progs on the same transponder)

cu,
Thomas

the last dvbstream (from cvs) can, and with 1 process; you can even replicate pids on multiple outputs