[linux-dvb] passivCard == noOSD ?

Title: passivCard == noOSD ?

I have two general questions about cards without mpeg decoder:

1. Is this right: passivCard == noOSD ?

Possible no-answer :
If a card has no mpeg decoder and no video-out, then it has
no picture, and so it has nothing to render the OSD into.

Possible yes-answer:
If a card has no mpeg decoder and no video-out, the video signal
must go through the video card anyway. So probably there is an
OSD implementation to apply the OSD via DGA or whatever, so
that it gets applied to the video card output.

What's the right answer, or none of these?

2. question:
What is possible with DVB usb devices like DEC 3000-S ?
Is OSD possible?
Is time shifting possible, I mean, is there enough bandwith?
If yes: Is it possible to record one and watch another prog (if same transponder)?

cu,
  Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index