[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend experimental patch v1

> > the ves1x93 driver do FE_RESET (aka ves1x93_clr_bit) also at the end of
> > ves1x93_set_symbolrate (after tuning), so i think we should remove this
> > also. Or need this tuner clr_bit twice?
>
> Are you able to test to see if it can work without it? I don't have one of
> these tuners to find out myself unfortunately.

Hi,

i have tested this last week, only one clr_bit is needed after tuning. So,
if you "FE_RESET" after tuning in the core frontend stuff with FE_POLL (if i
have understand this correct), there is no need for doing this after setting
the symbolrate.

Or, possilbe the better way, we donīt do a "RESET" in the core stuff for the
ves1x93 and let the clr_bit stay as is in the symbolrate routine. This is
maybe better, because the tuxbox project share the ves1x93 driver with "us";
the dbox2 uses the same demod. So the frontend driver have a chance to
differ between ves1893 who need the "reset" and the ves1993 who will
irritate by this.

Maybe Andreas Oberritter could say anything about this...

Greetings

Andreas