[linux-dvb] Re: tzap (apps-1.1.0) modification

On Mar 4, 2004, at 1:33 AM, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
But I realized that the various ?zap options now get
increasingly inconsistent. The only sensible way out
is to merge the three ?zap progams into one, and possibly
move common stuff into a library.

I know this breaks backwards compatibility for scripts
which use ?zap, but I think we should do it before
doing a new dvb-apps release.
	We can easily have one program (dvbzap?) which is linked
as szap, tzap, czap, or any other name (like many GNU apps).
When they startup, they check argv[0] to determine their
default behaviour (sat, terrestial, cable, generic).

	That way, no scripts break.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "People say I'm strange, does it
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |        make me a stranger?