[linux-dvb] Re: tzap (apps-1.1.0) modification

Nigel Pearson wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2004, at 1:33 AM, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >But I realized that the various ?zap options now get
> >increasingly inconsistent. The only sensible way out
> >is to merge the three ?zap progams into one, and possibly
> >move common stuff into a library.
> >
> >I know this breaks backwards compatibility for scripts
> >which use ?zap, but I think we should do it before
> >doing a new dvb-apps release.
>
> 	We can easily have one program (dvbzap?) which is linked
> as szap, tzap, czap, or any other name (like many GNU apps).
> When they startup, they check argv[0] to determine their
> default behaviour (sat, terrestial, cable, generic).
>
> 	That way, no scripts break.

Someone already potentionally broke scripts by using szap -l
for LNB selection, and using -q for what was formerly -l
(list services). If it weren't for that I would not have
allowed tzap -S for "silent", because usually -q
means "quiet".

Anyway, szap and czap users probably want the new
recording stuff too, and I would like to have the same
switches and same functionality regardless of what type
the frontend is. Ideally "dvbzap" would even look at
the FE type and use the proper service list automatically.

Johannes