[linux-dvb] Re: Preparation for 1.1.1 release: Testers wanted

Torbjörn Jansson wrote:

> I just tried 1.1.1 and I get compile errors unless I change the symlink
> build-2.4/include/linux/videodev2.h to point to ../../videodev2.h
> The link was pointing to /lib/modules/2.4.24/build/include/linux/videodev2.h
> I get the errors in videobuf.c line 495 V4L2_BUF_FLAG_INPUT is undefined
> because it uses the wrong header file.
>
> The kernel I use is patched with the 0.9 bttv drivers (patch-2.4.24-kraxel)
> because I have a bt878 card in the same computer.

I leave this one to Michael to figure out. I think the problem
is that if you use videodev.o from your kernel you cannot compile
the DVB drivers with a different version of videodev2.h. It might
even lead to crashes if one of the structs has changed. Or maybe
not. I don't know.

Johannes