[linux-dvb] Re: Preparation for 1.1.1 release: Testers wanted

Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> writes:

> I leave this one to Michael to figure out. I think the problem
> is that if you use videodev.o from your kernel you cannot compile
> the DVB drivers with a different version of videodev2.h.  It might
> even lead to crashes if one of the structs has changed. Or maybe
> not. I don't know.

videodev2.h is not critical.  I can't change the size of the structs
there without breaking the v4l2 API, thus that isn't going to happen.
Just copying / linking the other version of the videodev2.h header
file to make stuff build is no problem.

The videobuf.[ch] is more critical.  These structs may change and do
change from time to time.  You should make sure that kernel, v4l2
drivers and dvb drivers all use the very same videobuf.[ch] files,
otherwise the kernel *will* crash because the modules disagree about
the content of the structs.

  Gerd

--
Es geht darum, daß ein Haufen Scriptkiddies gerade dabei sind, USENET in
Bunt neu zu erfinden, und sie derzeit einen Haufen Fehler neu machen,