[linux-dvb] Re: Preparation for 1.1.1 release: Testers wanted

Hello,

On 03/03/04 22:49, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
I just tried 1.1.1 and I get compile errors unless I change the symlink
build-2.4/include/linux/videodev2.h to point to ../../videodev2.h
The link was pointing to /lib/modules/2.4.24/build/include/linux/videodev2.h
I get the errors in videobuf.c line 495 V4L2_BUF_FLAG_INPUT is undefined
because it uses the wrong header file.
> The kernel I use is patched with the 0.9 bttv drivers
> (patch-2.4.24-kraxel)
> because I have a bt878 card in the same computer.

The script checks for the existence of a videodev2.h file in your 2.4.24 tree, because you might have patched your kernel with bttv patches from www.bytesex.org. (Like you did)

In that case, Gerd Knorr might have changed some internal things (like now) so it's better to compile the whole driver against this new version of videodev2.h.

Gerd Knorr doesn't update his patches for older kernels. Unfortunately for you, the flag you mentioned above is rather new and appeared later than 2.4.24.

I just checked and it's present in
http://bytesex.org/patches/2.4.25-rc1-1/

So you need to update your kernel first.

CU
Michael.